PDA

View Full Version : Beam Not Shown Cut in Section Detail

chandel
2011-04-04, 04:24 PM
Hi All,

I have a linked structural file into my architectural model. Both file versions are 2011. In my building sections I can see the structure cutting though my walls. When I do a callout of the area, I can't see the beams at all, but I do see the structural floor (metal deck) cutting properly through my roof. We have tried editing the family to uncheck the "show precut in plan". This does nothing. The fact that I can see the beams in building section and not in the callout leads me to believe that it is something else. They aren't hidden in view, the linked file is on, etc etc. Any Ideas!?

Thanks,

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-04-04, 05:00 PM
Check to make sure your detai level is set to medium or fine. Most of the structural families just show analytical lines at coarse detail level.

chandel
2011-04-04, 07:14 PM
Check, detail level is set to fine.

chandel
2011-04-05, 01:39 PM
Any other ideas? This causes real problems when it comes to coordination with structural. There has to be something that I'm missing... Otherwise what is the point of having a linked file when it I have to go looking for all the structural elements and place detail components over top. Help!

Thanks Again,
Chandel

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-04-05, 02:15 PM
The usual suspects... filters, work sets, phases etc? Just about to hop on a plane so I can't be of much more help.

chandel
2011-04-05, 03:21 PM
No none of these. If I set the detail level to coarse I can see the linked beam, when I change it back to fine I can't see it. But the really weird thing is the building section, in which the beam is visible, the detail level is set to fine. Explain that one!
I made a new callout used the same view template as was used for the building section and still nothing. Sigh...

Mike Sealander
2011-04-06, 12:57 AM
Check how the linked file is displayed. Custom? By Host? Linked?

Baldwin_4-6-0
2011-04-06, 12:50 PM
Try the linking in a brand new file started from the Autodesk template file, and if it works fine there then find the difference in the view settings.

Check the Structural file itself and see what happens when you do the callout from within it's own file.

What discipline is your view properties set to?

nancy.mcclure
2011-04-06, 07:08 PM
Try taking the section view (where the elements ARE visible) and adjust settings to match the callout - if the structural elements then disappear, you can back track to locate the trigger setting.

Also, check the Discipline setting for the callout view - perhaps changing to Coordination might do the trick.