PDA

View Full Version : Drafting Views

mrdavie
2011-04-05, 07:03 PM
Is there a way to see an Interior Elevation in a drafting view?

mrdavie
2011-04-05, 07:13 PM
As usual, I have to ask a question before my mind is able to expand enough to think clearly about possible answers. I made one of the elevation views current. Then I right clicked on the elevation view name and one of the options was "Save to project as image." Then I copied the image to a drafting view so I can now trace over it.

Don't let that discovery keep anyone from offering additional suggestions. All I want to do is embellish interior elevations without complicating the building model.

cdatechguy
2011-04-05, 08:39 PM
We just add detail lines and fill patterns in our interior elevation views....why copy the information again to a drafting view? If something gets moved you have to modify it in two places...

violet78
2011-04-05, 08:49 PM
We just add detail lines and fill patterns in our interior elevation views....why copy the information again to a drafting view? If something gets moved you have to modify it in two places...

We do the same. Detail lines and detail components are unique to the view, they are not adding model components. Model lines are actual model elements. If model lines were used as wall base for example, that wall base would also show in 3d views. That's why model lines require you to pick a reference plane or surface to draw on, and detail lines do not.

mrdavie
2011-04-05, 09:04 PM
Thank you for helping me kick myself in the arse. I was trying to use model lines and each time Revit would prompt me to select a work plane. My-stupid. I did not go to the annotation tab and try using a model line.

THANK GOODNESS FOR THIS FORUM. Without it I would not only be losing money and time on projects, I would be hard pressed to complete the project at all.