PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to change the Revit logo in 7.0?

JohnASB
2005-01-06, 08:44 PM
Anybody know of a way to change the Revit Logo or "Autodesk Revit" name at the top of the Revit Window?

It is exactly the same in 6.1 and 7.0 so there's no quick way to tell which version I am in.

Thanks.

LRaiz
2005-01-06, 09:27 PM
Two clicks > Help > About

hand471037
2005-01-06, 09:38 PM
You might be able to do it by hacking the Windows Registry. Not for the faint of heart! :D

J. Grouchy
2005-01-06, 09:42 PM
No clicking necessary, actually. Just look for the view controls (i.e. advanced model graphics, crop boundary, hide/isolate, etc.) at the lower lefthand corner of the drawing area. They're new to 7...

JohnASB
2005-01-08, 09:49 PM
grav8e -Thanks, that's easiest.

LRaiz -please consider that when I have both versions open I may be constantly switching between them and other programs and so it's a big burden to go to the help and about constantly. Autocad always used a new logo for each version to facilitate this, but just putting Revit 7 next to the logo would be great. Thanks.

SCShell
2005-01-10, 01:36 PM
Hi there,

Good call Grav8e! That's how I tell the difference between the two.
In addition, I have learned to follow the practice of opening the "older" version (now 6.1) and immediatly moving it onto the right screen which is where I have all of my secondary programs runnign, and the newest Revit version on the primary (left) screen. I am a creature of habit; however, others in firms call it "policy" or "office standard practice". Either way, it is easy to remember at least!
Steve

Scott D Davis
2005-01-10, 02:43 PM
I don't even think it's a question of changing the logo. The Window Title Bar just needs to say the version. It currently has the Autodesk Revit, just add the 7.0 to the bar: Autodesk Revit 7.0 (or I guess next it will be Autodesk Revit 8.0)

DaveP
2005-01-10, 09:36 PM
Along somewhat of the same lines:
Is there a way to eliminate, or at least change the splash screen?
Don't get me wrong, I love the snail stairs, but it forces itself to remain on top of other applications, and since it takes a minute to finish loading, I tend to go off & check my email or something.
Then the splash screen pops up & I can't read my mail.

Or, should I just slow down, take life easier & stop and smell the splash screen?

beegee
2005-01-10, 09:45 PM
Suppressing the splash screen can't be done in Revit at present, but it is on the wishlist.

You'll just have to slow down for now.... :)

SkiSouth
2005-01-10, 11:05 PM
Along somewhat of the same lines:
Then the splash screen pops up & I can't read my mail.

Or, should I just slow down, take life easier & stop and smell the splash screen?

Get a dual monitor setup.(Which I run) Put your email etc on the second monitor. - Or run a second computer beside the first for emails, etc. (Which is also what I do- I screen my emails with mailwasher on that computer, then bring in the good emails to my email software (thunderbird))

Steve_Stafford
2005-01-10, 11:08 PM
...Get a dual monitor setup...ummm, that might qualify as driving a brad with a sledge hammer! :shock: :wink: (even if it would be cool to have two monitors) A little check box to suppress the splash screen probably is "cheaper"? To us at least? The version label on the window frame is also a "little" deal, more a decision and action to DO it than a HOW do we do it issue.

[edit: this post is not meant heavy but light...with light commentary on the subject of the thread...no ill will implied]

DaveP
2005-01-10, 11:18 PM
Deep breaths.... In... Out...In...Out

Ahhhh...

SkiSouth
2005-01-10, 11:45 PM
[edit: this post is not meant heavy but light...with light commentary on the subject of the thread...no ill will implied]

No problems. Still like the idea of Hacking the screen - 8) if I only had time...

Steve_Stafford
2005-01-10, 11:46 PM
...Deep breaths.... In... Out...In...Out...
Do you require medical attention? Do you want AUGIonSTAR to call 911 for you? :D