PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious lines in Curtainwall

FrenchQuarters
2011-04-05, 09:44 PM
Please see attached image. Some mysterious lines are showing up in a curtain wall. I can't individually select one of these. If hover over one, all of them highlight. If I click on one, the curtainwall is selected. What are these lines, and how do I get rid of them?

patricks
2011-04-06, 04:50 PM
What does the status bar say down at the very bottom left corner of the Revit window when you hover over one of the lines? Are they there in a 3D view without a section box? Are they visible in any elevation or section views?

Very nice curtain wall construction BTW. Are you using custom glazing panels that have extensions to get the glass to go into the notches on the mullion extrusions?

FrenchQuarters
2011-04-06, 08:40 PM
patricks,

1. When I hover over the lines, the status bar reads - (Workset name):Walls:Curtain Wall: (Curtain wall family name)

2. The lines show up in 3D view with or without a section box, in an elevation, in a section, and also in plan views as dots (see attached image).

Thanks for your kind words, but the glass does not actually create a notch in the mullion in this curtainwall (see the new closeup I attached). I am using a custom panel, but not for creating an extension.
However, you can get the glass to go into the mullions, not by editing the panel family, but by creating a custom profile for the mullions. I have done that before on a different curtainwall.

cliff collins
2011-04-07, 03:44 PM
Just make sure there are no Mysterious Dots in there, and don't drink any Kool-Aid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-04-07, 05:04 PM
Had a client with a similar problem recently but the lines were horizontal. In that case it had to do with the profile sketch for the wall. If you have a sketch associated with the wall try using attach for the top and base instead.

cdatechguy
2011-04-07, 05:22 PM
Can you save out the curtain wall into its own project (purge everything out though) and post it here?

FrenchQuarters
2011-04-08, 02:52 PM
Had a client with a similar problem recently but the lines were horizontal. In that case it had to do with the profile sketch for the wall. If you have a sketch associated with the wall try using attach for the top and base instead.

This Curtainwall doesn't have an Edited Profile.

FrenchQuarters
2011-04-08, 02:55 PM
Can you save out the curtain wall into its own project (purge everything out though) and post it here?

I copy-pasted this curtainwall in a new proejct, and the lines did not show up in this new proejct. I then tried to cut-paste the CW in the original proejct, but that did not make the lines go away.

Ning Zhou
2011-04-08, 03:34 PM
as Michael Patrick said, upload simplified rvt so we can check more throughly.