PDA

View Full Version : Adding supporting documentation to the revit project

lachlanmiller
2011-04-06, 04:29 AM
Im just wondering how i can add supporting information to the revit file, in regards to PDF's.

For example the engineers drawings and sheets, and the soil test pdfs, and the calculations from the timber span tables etc.

I would like to be able to press 1 button for print and a whole set of drawings come out, and also keep everything together in the 1 file when i need to send it between people etc etc

wmullett
2011-04-06, 06:36 PM
You can add almost any document to a DWF file.

gtarch
2011-04-07, 06:05 PM
I think you are going to need to convert those pdf's to jepgs unfortunately. Revit won't import a pdf, nor a dwf.

As an alternate,

You can xref the pdf's in a dwg, and then link the ACAD into Revit. I've never done it, but I assume it would work. ACAD can xref the pdf's without converting them.

Either way, kind of 'not good'.

dhurtubise
2011-04-10, 04:46 PM
I would forget about it.
Even if you could add PDF to the project, imagine how large the file would get.
If you convert to images then you loose the associativity so if anything changes you have to go through again.
Print from Revit and batch print from Acobat.
2 clicks ;)

DoTheBIM
2011-04-12, 11:55 AM
As an alternate,

You can xref the pdf's in a dwg, and then link the ACAD into Revit. I've never done it, but I assume it would work. ACAD can xref the pdf's without converting them.This does not work. Tried it just the other day. Revit says it can't find anything worthwhile to import.