PDA

View Full Version : Can't erase items

tonyisenhoff
2005-01-06, 08:46 PM
Why can't I erase certain items???

I have a dimension that will NOT go away. What could be causing this?

Thanks!

tonyisenhoff
2005-01-06, 09:22 PM
Also, if you goto the Front elevation, dimension the same left/right reference planes and label as width, then flex (width). You get an over constrained error. Is it a no-no to put two dimensions in a family, dimensioning the same thing with the same label but in different views (by accident)?

Thanks again!

sfaust
2005-01-06, 10:19 PM
I've run accross that too. I think some of the family templates have certain dimensions and parameters hardcoded into them from the factory, hence the inability to delete them (that's just an assumption, though).

I don't know about having the same dimension in multiple views, haven't tried that...

Steve_Stafford
2005-01-06, 10:34 PM
Yes...adding a second dimension to objects already constrained by a dimension that is governed by a parameter is over-constraining and redundant.

The factory has the ability to lock specific elements of families. So there are some you will have to live with so to speak.

Steven Campbell
2005-01-07, 02:46 PM
The factory has the ability to lock specific elements of families. So there are some you will have to live with so to speak.
Correct, some items that exist in the template are marked not deletable. But you don't have to use this exact template to make a casework family. Start with a generic model template or some other and change the category, then add whatever reference planes you want.

Steven M. Campbell
Autodesk Revit

tonyisenhoff
2005-01-07, 04:42 PM
Muchas gracias amigos!

That sheds some light. I at least know that I'm not going crazy!

ann29
2006-09-11, 04:36 PM
Thank you - this info helped me as well. I thought I was going crazy.
However, I don't really see the point of having them not erasable. you can move them to other references and change them anyway. I basically had to create some phantom ref lines and move them with that annoying dimension into outer space.