PDA

View Full Version : Interior elevation key

mrdavie
2011-04-06, 03:22 PM
The interior elevation mark out of the box includes the name of the elevation, not simply the elevation number and sheet reference. I don't know how to get rid of the name of the elevation. Is there an alternate tag that someone can share with me?

I tried to check on Revitcity (can I say that on this forum) but they are having access problems.

cdatechguy
2011-04-06, 03:38 PM
What template are you using?

This is from OOTB...Residential-Default.rte (2011)

Mike Sealander
2011-04-06, 03:57 PM
Find the elevation family in the Annotations section of your Project Browser. There's a switch for turning on and off names and numbers.

cdatechguy
2011-04-06, 04:41 PM
I think I edited the pointer and deleted out the elevation & view reference to make it easier....and then saved it back into the project.

Currently I have our own company standard elevation....looks like our CAD version...

nancy.mcclure
2011-04-06, 07:28 PM
mrdavie,
You will find the settings to control what is reported under Manage > Additional Settings > Elevation Tags. Select the type that you want to use, and check the options from the pull-down list. (see attached image)

These tags have a lot of 'hard-wiring' programmed into them, which is why then need to be modified this way, rather than as standard annotation tag families. Hope that helps!

mrdavie
2011-04-06, 07:38 PM
Thank you Nancy! You win the $10 iTunes gift card (not really) but you deserve one. Your answer solved my problem. I would have NEVER found it without your help.

Here is another question. Is there a way to make the 1/2" circle a little smaller?

nancy.mcclure
2011-04-06, 08:18 PM
mrdavie,
Yep, this is where it gets interesting.

First, find the name of the .rfa that the tag is currently using for the elevation body (Manage > Addt'l Settings > Elev Tags > Elevation Mark Body_Circle (or similiar) THIS is the .rfa you need to duplicate/edit to change the circle radius. You'll find it where you installed your standard OOTB Imperial/Metric content.

Load it into your project. If you simply modified the original and saved it, this will be updated automatically for you. If you duplicated the original, and renamed it, you'll need to set that new version in the Manage > Addt'l Settings > Elev Tags > [type].

How's that Houston weather treating you?

cdatechguy
2011-04-06, 08:32 PM
mrdavie,
You will find the settings to control what is reported under Manage > Additional Settings > Elevation Tags. Select the type that you want to use, and check the options from the pull-down list. (see attached image)

These tags have a lot of 'hard-wiring' programmed into them, which is why then need to be modified this way, rather than as standard annotation tag families. Hope that helps!

grrrr....I tried that before lunch and for some reason mine wouldn't change....thought something was wrong with the 2011 template.... Just tried it again and it worked :screwy:

mrdavie
2011-04-06, 08:44 PM
Clear, sunny, 79 deg