PDA

View Full Version : can i adjust all elevations evenly?

JRBOURNE
2011-04-06, 09:45 PM
I have a house with footing/foundation and first floor/second floor levels and some other in between. Is there an easy way to just add 100' to everything at once without messing anything up?

nancy.mcclure
2011-04-06, 11:50 PM
Use Manage > Locations > Relocate Project in a 2D Elevation view (do not do this in a 3D view!). Pick a reference point (doesn't have to snap to anything) and a second point in the direction and distance you want the relocation to go (in your case, upwards 100'). The entire project with distances between levels will shift as one.

Your levels will still show your 0'-0" elevations, but if you want to show them as 100'-0", select a level in your elevation view, and in it's Type settings, change it's Elevation Base to "Shared".

JRBOURNE
2011-04-07, 12:34 PM
that did exactly what i asked but i should have explained what im trying to do a little more (my mistake)-

I have been working on this existing house, drawing it up in revit. Then i came across a site plan of the property with contours on it so I scanned it into the computer and traced over the JPEG using the "place point" tool and created the property topography. I used the elevations given on the contours which are between 95-110.

So now in an elevation view there is my model, and then there's the topo surface about 100' up.

Would it be possible to adjust the model elevation separately from the surface elevation? if i use the 'relocate' tool it adjusts everything evenly but of course that also included the topo surface.

Thanks for the help

cdatechguy
2011-04-07, 03:12 PM
Personally I create my topography in a separate model...as I have never gotten the topo to work properly in the same project as the main model....It also makes it easier to turn it off and on....

aggockel50321
2011-04-07, 04:00 PM
Another method....

You can go to an elevation view, run a dimension string through all your levels, lock them, and then change your ground floor level to your new elevation value.

Revitaoist
2011-04-07, 04:12 PM
Don't mess with the relocation tool. Select a level and change it to shared coordinates like an earlier post suggested. Then select all the levels and move them up 100'. If anything wasn't nailed down to a level, you'll know about it now. Now select a level and change it back to project coordinates. You have options for your level datums for shared or project coordinates. Also know that the reason surveyors use 100' as the base level is to eliminate any negative values, and your project may not really be 100' above sea level. I always put my project at the real world sea level elevation, which should be noted on the surveyors map.