PDA

View Full Version : Wall Types

jbayne
2011-04-07, 01:01 PM
Here is the first of many questions. These are pretty basic questions.

We have defined wall types 5/8" gyp on 3 5/8" stud and 5/8" gyp for example. The difference is paint color in different parts of building.

I cannot find a good location to change wall color without changing wall type?

cdatechguy
2011-04-07, 02:51 PM
Create a material such as 5/8" GYP/Paint X...then you can assign a keynote for that material so you can tag it in elevations.

Personally we don't differentiate our walls based on finish, we leave it to the room finish schedule to define them....else we would have a lot of wall types...for example our SF1 is a 89mm stud with 16mm GWB both sides...we have parameters in the model for the rooms to define the finishes that can be manipulated at the floor plan or schedule views. If I was doing renderings I would just paint the wall with the paint tool...

Revitaoist
2011-04-07, 04:31 PM
To reverse engineer our company standards I had to make room parameters for wall finishes for north , south east, west. Lean about grouping headers to get the schedule to read right.

jbayne
2011-04-07, 04:46 PM
Thank you for the replies. I don't think I was real clear on what I wanted to accomplish.
For CD's we do let the schedules define wall finish and color. In plan we want the wall type to remain constant.
But as I show off building in 3D I would like for the bosses to see the different departments in colors that are close to what they will be. Instead of the solid grey that I am getting.

Can I 'paint' the wall without going thru a rendering process? Just set in realistic mode.

jbayne
2011-04-07, 04:54 PM
Wooo Hoooo I figured it was something easy. Paint was the key. I was over thinking the problem.

I will try to get harder question in the future. Thank you.