PDA

View Full Version : Reporting Parameters are broken & useless

DoTheBIM
2011-04-11, 06:43 PM
Well after many wasted hours I am coming to the conclusion that reporting parameters are useless with the exception of curtain panels and adaptive components, although I haven't tried those areas yet.

If you have a window family with the inner, outer, and core layers of wall being reported parameters, insert the family into a project, and place in a wall. then mirror the wall your reporting parameters will be incorrect. and show the opposite layer width plus the core width in the inner and outer layer. the only values regarding reporting parameter and wall width that seem to be reliable are the core width and the overall width, which gets me nowhere without knowing at least one of the outer layers. Bummer!!:(

Ning Zhou
2011-04-11, 10:40 PM
right, change wall orientation within window family won't affect ext / int layer reporting parameters, looks like a bug to me, maybe you can test it in 2012, and report to Autodesk.

DoTheBIM
2011-04-12, 11:26 AM
Already in the black hole of.. uhhh, I mean hands of development. I'm guessing it might get lost with the 2012 release overload of support requests.

DoTheBIM
2011-04-15, 11:42 AM
Confirmed not as a bug, but rather a "code fix" is needed.