PDA

View Full Version : Elevations

Galadriel
2011-04-11, 07:28 PM
Not sure how best to ask this question......
I match the arch elevations to get my levels, I had to change my elevation base from project to shared (so far so good) later I went to check the elevation using the spot elevation and I got a different elevation. For example my First floor is set at 0'-0" but when I do a spot elevation it says its -4'-0". and all my elevations are the same off by 4'-0". I opened the arch model and did the same, a spot elevation and they are off by 4'-0".
I am guessing that is something wrong with the arch model, but I don't know how to fix this problem. is the first time I encountered this.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

m20roxxers
2011-04-11, 09:29 PM
What is your spot elevation tag reading the Project, Shared or Relative Co-ordinate???

Galadriel
2011-04-12, 12:43 PM
ok, so when I choose the spot elevation I have to go into the properties and edit it or duplicate it and change the elevation origin to shared. In another project that I had to changed the elevation base to shared as far as I can remember I did not have to go into the spot elevation and change the elevation origin and that is what confused me. I don't know if I just got lucky the first time or just didn't noticed it.