PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2012 installation

anthony.67953
2011-04-12, 08:27 PM
Installation of Revit 2012 was a smooth install. I noticed before I clicked the Install button on the left side was a utilities button. I DID NOT press that button and now I can not get back to it to find the family update script. Does anyone know how?

anna.oscarson
2011-04-13, 10:24 AM
You should be able to get to the Content Batch Utility by browsing to the folder “Utilities\ContentBatchUtility” in the Revit installer tree. Try this: Go to the location from where you installed Revit (DVD or web download), then browse to the folder “Utilities\ContentBatchUtility”.

anthony.67953
2011-04-13, 12:53 PM
No could not find it there.
Path did not exist.

Thanks

Paul Monsef
2011-04-13, 03:17 PM
No could not find it there.
Path did not exist.

Thanks
Anthony, It should be located here

C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Revit_Architecture_2012_English_Win_32-64bit\Utilities\ContentBatchUtility

cphubb
2011-04-13, 04:58 PM
Its not there Paul.

Anybody figure out how to add custom libraries into the deployment?

anthony.67953
2011-04-13, 05:57 PM
Thank you Paul

antman
2011-04-13, 06:01 PM
Anthony, It should be located here

C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Revit_Architecture_2012_English_Win_32-64bit\Utilities\ContentBatchUtility

I thought the C:\Autodesk folder was just a temporary extraction folder that is used during install, so I usually delete it. Is that a bad thing to do?

anthony.67953
2011-04-13, 06:03 PM
Change to custom Library
Click the Big R upper left corner
Click options lower right
Click File locations
Click Places at bottom
Click the Plus sign

cphubb
2011-04-13, 07:56 PM
Anthony,

Yes I know that. Dont want to do that 50 times. Previous deployments we could pre-set all our "places" as well as priorities for which library was on top.

tmaleski
2011-04-14, 12:06 PM
Yes I would like to find this out too.

In 2011 I was able to edit the Revit.ini file and place it in the deployment but it no longer seems to exists in the deployment, or at least exposed.

Also, you can not set NOT to load the content. I uncheck all content types but it still copied to the network.

Unless I am missing something here.

Paul Monsef
2011-04-14, 05:28 PM
I thought the C:\Autodesk folder was just a temporary extraction folder that is used during install, so I usually delete it. Is that a bad thing to do?

I leave it in case i need to reinstall. or install on another PC.

Paul Monsef
2011-04-14, 05:44 PM
Yes I would like to find this out too.

In 2011 I was able to edit the Revit.ini file and place it in the deployment but it no longer seems to exists in the deployment, or at least exposed.

Also, you can not set NOT to load the content. I uncheck all content types but it still copied to the network.

Unless I am missing something here.
It seems you can change the default content to local OR a network location, but you can't add additional places. kinda stupid.

clarkmorgan
2011-04-27, 05:07 PM
Here's a link to a great writeup including the xml code for adding content packs to the deployment...

http://tamparevit.blogspot.com/2011/04/revit-2012-network-deployment-issues.html

heath.simone
2011-04-28, 11:27 PM

This was a big problem for 2011 with no content selected on network images it would write the IES / Lookup table content back to the network deployment location.

I've only started looking at the 2012 Revit deployments today so not 100% with what it's doing so yeah...

Other things with 2012:

- Like 2011, when you hit the area where it checks for service packs - the deployment starts to create a folder path where you have specified your network deployment to be located. If you cancel the deployment creation this folder (..\adminImage\ServicePacks) remains along with ..\adminImage\CIP

This is also occurs when you modify the deployment (it overwrites the existing file)

- If you choose a shared path for IES it wants to deploy the content to this location (if you have already deployed MEP or Structure and use the same IES / Lookup Table information it wants to replace this)

There is a /W you can use for a SCCM / SMS deployment - i'm currently trying to find out what this command line switch does. I'm also trying to find out what "..Critical settings may not be initialized." when you do not select any content.

Alan aka cadalot
2011-04-29, 07:32 AM
OK I did not do a deployment because of previous problems

I unstalled on a pc at home with the content and then copied that content to the server at work, because we install and have a network licence and all content is on the server and not the desktop pc

Warning if you turn off the content and install on a networked PC, it will still go and get it and install the content on the pc in the background making it look like the install has crashed see

http://cadalot-revitlearningcurve.blogspot.com/2011/04/problems-with-content-for-revit-2012.html

bcgatti
2011-06-07, 02:48 PM
I came across this link for the Revit 2012 Deployment Utility on The Revit Clinic blog under Revit Solutions.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17169612&linkID=9273944&CMP=OTC-RSSSUP01