PDA

View Full Version : CCDs and RFIs-How to handle them?

Rosie the Reviter
2011-04-13, 09:50 PM
I'm wondering how other firms are handling their CCD's and RFI's in Revit. Specifically our firm wants to have a separate blow-up (callout) of the floor plan area in question, or a copy of the interior elevation or detail, placed onto a separate sketch sheet while leaving the original view alone on it's full size sheet.

Inevitably duplicating a view (say an interior elevation) and placing the duplicate on a sketch sheet causes major issues in each plan where the interior elevation symbol is referenced (you have two tags on top of each other). Thus requiring you to go through every single plan view that the interior elevation symbol exists and hide it.

Maybe I'm going about this whole practice the wrong way and fighting Revit's true way of doing CCDs and RFIs, which is what? Printing your screen to PDF without even placing the view on a sheet? Preferably we can avoid using photoshop right? or exporting our view as a jpeg then importing the jpeg to place on a sheet?

If anybody can shed some light on their practice, I'd be most grateful!

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-04-13, 10:12 PM
If you do a quick search of the forums you'll find you are not alone. There are a number of threads on this subject with more than a few approaches. No absolute rights or wrongs just pros and cons.
I'm personally not a fan of the duplicated view scenario for the simple reason that if the model is kept up to date with the change the 'original' view will change anyway. I prefer to make the change to the model/view, place a revision cloud that references the RFI, CCD or whatever it is and then re-issue the sheet where the original detail is placed. Since most of my projects now use digital rather than hard copy issuing of drawings there is no problem with this approach. The folks in the field can reprint only the piece they need or they can reprint the whole sheet if the change warrants it.
In the case where the client (or management) want it issued as a separate sketch I use two approaches depending on project size.
For smaller projects where there probably won't be a large number of changes I'll do a quick screen capture and place the JPEG on a letter or tabloid sheet view within the original project file.
On larger projects or those projects where a 'detail book' is the deliverable, I create a separate project file that contains only detail sheets and usually export the view from the original model as DWG and link/import into the detail project.

Rosie the Reviter
2011-04-14, 02:25 PM
Thank you so much for your input! I really appreciate it.