PDA

View Full Version : Plan View of Floor Material in Legends

mylogs
2011-04-15, 12:06 AM
Hello,

I would like to be able to have a legend showing my floor materials in plan view, so i can match a swatch to a description

Apparently this was possible before, but now can only be show in section!

I found a solution here: http://revit.blogspot.com/2008/03/floor-pattern-legend.html

But surely there must be a more "revit" way of doing this (say, be able to show more that just a section!) It's a basic information to included in drawing legends!

Thanks,

sbrown
2011-04-15, 12:26 PM
I create a generic model called Material Sample. It has an instance based material parameter, I assign all the materials I'm using on a project to that sample. Then I can see the surf. pattern and tag the material and make a legend out of it.

mylogs
2011-04-16, 10:14 AM
Scott, thanks. I was thinking exactly that. The other option I was thinking would be to copy a plan and then crop to the desired swatch size for legend.

I'm still bemused how this cannot be made by simple allowing a plan view in the legend view...

Rgs.,

cdatechguy
2011-04-16, 10:36 PM
I create a generic model called Material Sample. It has an instance based material parameter, I assign all the materials I'm using on a project to that sample. Then I can see the surf. pattern and tag the material and make a legend out of it.

Wow....getting lots of great ideas the past couple of days.... :)

I'll have to give this a try...