PDA

View Full Version : Elevation tag

nextvkin
2011-04-15, 01:56 AM
Hi
In my 1:100 plan I have a callout to a detail plan of 1:20. In this detail plan I place an elevation tag to get a 1:20 elevation. This elevation tag shows up in both plans. How do I make this elevation tag invisible in the 1:100 plan without "freezing" all the other elevation tags? Please help, thanks.

I have found a way to achieve this - made another elevation tag called detail elevation, & set it to hide at scales coarser than 1:50. I would have arrived at this solution earlier if I hadn't selected the whole elevation tag - I didn't realise the tag had 2 parts to it.

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-04-16, 12:57 AM
Your other option is to create filters to hide specific family types. This works well if your views happen to be the same scale but you still want to turn off specific view types.

nextvkin
2011-04-16, 01:10 AM
Thanks again Dimitri, I'll have a look at that.

tedg
2011-04-18, 05:29 PM
Couldn't you just select the tag you want to hide, right click and select "Hide in view" and select , "Elements"?

This just hides the selected element(s) and not the catagory.

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-04-18, 06:22 PM
Ted,
you can do that but whenever possible it's good to avoid view specific, element by element control. It tends to affect file performance and requires more 'manual' coordination and verification. Anytime I can get the software to work for me based on rules it makes whatever I'm doing more reliable and repeatable throughout the project.

tedg
2011-04-18, 07:54 PM
Ted,
you can do that but whenever possible it's good to avoid view specific, element by element control. It tends to affect file performance and requires more 'manual' coordination and verification. Anytime I can get the software to work for me based on rules it makes whatever I'm doing more reliable and repeatable throughout the project.
Ahhh, thanks for the exlplanation.
It makes sense, I'm a bit of a n00b to REVIT myself, and that's the only way I knew to turn off one thing without turning them all off.

Thanks for the info,
I always learn something here in AUGI!