PDA

View Full Version : Stone material rotation

wes199518
2011-04-15, 09:06 PM
I'm having a material rotation issue. I have some sloped walls which I made using the Wall By Face tool. I need to show a stone material on them. When I change the visual style to realistic, the stone is rotated vertically on the surfaces (as you can see in the attached image, it displays correctly on normal walls). I tried to solve this by editing the wall and changing the material to brick so that I could rotate it, but then the brick displayed correctly. That one really baffled me. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

I suppose I could just duplicate the stone material and rotate the .jpg by 90 degrees, but I'd really like to figure out what is causing this. Thanks for the help.

amorie
2011-04-16, 04:17 AM
I'm not sure I know why, but we had a similar problem. Stone material pattern (horizontal ledgestone) on a wall with a battered face, and the wall turning a corner. The pattern would show correctly on one wall, but around the corner the pattern was oriented vertically. We tried all kinds of things with the pattern to fix it, but finally discovered that when we removed the sloped face from the wall, the pattern displayed correctly on all walls. In the end, from a display standpoint, the sloped face angle was so slight that it wasn't worth fighting the pattern display problem, relying instead on a detail of the wall to get what we wanted in profile.