PDA

View Full Version : Ceilings on a wood truss system

.chad
2011-04-18, 03:56 PM
I'm working through our first project and am trying to add ceilings into the rooms and have hit a snag. I've looked through the materials I have here (Aubin Master Series & A training book from our retailer) and they cover drop-ceilings extensively but there isn't much discussed for GWB systems.

From what I've managed to figure out - ceilings add in automatically to a space as long as the wall is higher than the ceiling system. However with a truss system the top of the wall is at the bottom of the truss - which is also the ceiling height. What's the best way to go about adding in ceilings?

DoTheBIM
2011-04-18, 05:20 PM
by sketch and pick walls as much as possible. We never use auto ceiling, and we only place a ceiling so we can place light fixtures.

.chad
2011-04-18, 08:34 PM
Thanks.

Why is it you don't use the auto-ceiling much?

DoTheBIM
2011-04-19, 11:39 AM
auto ceiling rarely gets us what we want. plus you'd have to manage as many ceilings as there are rooms. We prefer one ceiling for the whole floor. If our light fixtures wouldn't have already been ceiling based families, we'd probably not bother with the ceiling tool at all. Maybe some day I'll get around to making faced based families to attach to the the bottom of the floor objects.