PDA

View Full Version : Using Subscript and Superscript

Chris.Partin
2011-04-18, 06:40 PM
I need a way to create subscript within Revit text editor not just with number, but letters, too.

There has to be a way, right?

Thank you!

david.kingham
2011-04-26, 07:05 PM
It's possible, but not fun. I created a custom font using http://www.high-logic.com/fontcreator.html
What symbols are you looking for? You might find them in other fonts

Alan aka cadalot
2011-04-27, 05:51 AM
This is part of my FIX THE BASICS campaign for 2013,

In the mean time see http://cadalot-revitlearningcurve.blogspot.com/2009/11/subscript-superscript-and-symbols.html for some limited guidance on how to get around the problem.

Mike hacker
2011-04-27, 07:49 AM
We just copy and paste from the Windows Character Map.

tedg
2011-04-27, 02:24 PM
This is part of my FIX THE BASICS campaign for 2013,

In the mean time see http://cadalot-revitlearningcurve.blogspot.com/2009/11/subscript-superscript-and-symbols.html for some limited guidance on how to get around the problem.
Hey nice website!
I'm a wicked n00b in Revit Structure, and I've only worked on a couple projects with it. In fact, we're slowly trying to implement Revit, so I'm not in it all the time.

I will be looking into your site and it's associated links for information when I run into questions...which I always seem to have.

:beer:

Craig_L
2011-04-27, 11:10 PM
A really great and easy way to insert pretty much any symbol you want is:

in your WINDOWS START MENU
click "RUN"
type "CHARMAP" and run that command
You can then set any font you like, I suggest the same font as your revit text is set to (obviously)
and select the character subscript/superscript etc that you want, and down the bottom of the box click "select" and then "copy"
You can now paste this character in as though it were cut/paste option from any text editor as per normal.

Alan aka cadalot
2011-04-28, 05:31 AM
Hey nice website!:

Thanks, it's nice to get feedback once in a while.

I hope you voted on the poll?

narlee
2011-04-28, 03:12 PM

click "RUN"
You can then set any font you like, I suggest the same font as your revit text is set to (obviously)
and select the character subscript/superscript etc that you want, and down the bottom of the box click "select" and then "copy"
You can now paste this character in as though it were cut/paste option from any text editor as per normal.

That's the best - Thanks!

bearden383
2011-04-29, 03:18 PM

click "RUN"

As you do this notice the a the keystroke code on the bottom right hand corner. Learn these codes! alt+0176 (°)
alt+0248 (ø)
They just make life easier.

tedg
2011-04-29, 05:08 PM
I hope you voted on the poll?

YEP! ....i did

rtaube
2012-03-02, 04:36 PM
Has anyone figured out a simpler way of subscripting text? We have a few general notes that require things like T<sub>L</sub> or C<sub>S</sub>

thanks

captjim239126
2012-09-14, 03:47 PM
It's possible, but not fun. I created a custom font using http://www.high-logic.com/fontcreator.html

David, what happens to your custom font if your Revit project is opened from another computer that doesn't have the custom font installed? Does the custom font get imbedded within the Revit project and just display and print correctly from the other computer?
or does the other computer just substitute whatever font it wants in place of your custom font?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

david.kingham
2012-09-14, 03:55 PM
The font will not display if it's not installed on that computer, it will default to arial

MikeJarosz
2012-09-14, 05:30 PM
Character map works for most software. The context here is Revit, but I use it regularly in Word and Excel. I keep an icon on my screen for quick access to it. Let's see if it works here. In Russian my name is spelled:

Михайл Ярош