PDA

View Full Version : Opaque sanitary fittings

mylogs
2011-04-21, 01:32 PM
Hello,

I have a series of fitting over a floor with a pattern. How do I make these opaque so I can't see the pattern below, in particular in "consistent color" mode?

I've tried a series of options, mass on/off, solid surface pattern on fitting, filled regions, but none works as required!

For some reason, some fittings on the library, do obscure the floor pattern below.

What's even more intriguing to me, is that while the fitting does not obscure the floor pattern bellow, it will obscure the wall pattern behind!!!

The masking region, placed inside the family is still that works the best, but it becomes grey on shaded and consistent color views!

Any hint on how to resolve this will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mylogs
2011-04-21, 01:59 PM
Ok...

If I override the surface the plumbing fixtures surface pattern to white+solid fill, they will obscure the floor pattern below, but only if the family has a masking region!

On the object styles, if I choose, say porcelain material for plumbing fixtures, the floor pattern will also be obscured.

I'm not sure what this will mean for my model further down the line, but I'm guessing I will end up with porcalain faucets too!!!

Anyway, I can't understand why they behave differently on obscuring patterns wheter it's a floor plan or section view...

I'll keep posting on the progress on this. Please let me know if there is a simpler way of doing this...