PDA

View Full Version : Revit - Not to Scale details

erichgw
2011-04-21, 04:25 PM
Our firm is starting to implement Revit and I have been charged with setting up our standards, including some typical details. We have some details that are drawn not to scale. How can I create these details in Revit? There doesn't appear to be a way to select N.T.S. as a scale and when I try to adjust the dimension to display a value that I want, I get an error message. You used to be able to force a dimension in CAD, but Revit, unless I add some text, like MIN. or CLR., after the numerical value, it won't accept the new dimension. This is very frustrating. Is it best to do these details in CAD and link them in? That still doesn't answer the question on how to get my view title to display "N.T.S." instead of a scale factor.

Thanks for any help!

Revitaoist
2011-04-21, 05:20 PM
Lying about dimensions is not allowed in Revit, but some folks find creative ways around it . If you click on scale and select custom, you can check the box that says display name to show NTS

cdatechguy
2011-04-21, 05:48 PM
When you change the scale of a view you can select Custom.....choose the scale that you want (so your dimensions will work properly) but for the display name change it to N.T.S.

toppel
2012-02-03, 05:25 PM
Where is the "display name" for scale?