PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Ceiling Display in Linked Files

DBowkett
2011-04-21, 08:16 PM
I have a problem which I'm not sure can be solved at this time; however, I'd like to get some feedback on it.

The problem occurs when I have a ceiling in a linked Revit file and I want to see the surface pattern of that ceiling in a Floor Plan view. I have done some test to see if there is a solution, but I have yet to find one.

Let me run you through my process;

1. I link in the Revit file
2. I go to a Floor Plan View
3. I set the Underlay to Reflected Ceiling Plan and I refer to my Level 1 as the underlay
4. I make sure my view range is set to cut at 2200 above level 1 and the top plane set top 4000
(My ceiling is at 2400 therefore it should show-up with these setting but it does not)
5. I model in a new ceiling using in my current model using all the same settings
(TADA! that ceiling shows up no problem)

Has any one else encountered this problem? Why would the ceiling which is in the model show and the ceiling in the linked model not show? Is this a glitch in the program?

For anyone wondering why I just don't use a reflected ceiling plan view; I am creating a HVAC plan and I need my ducts to display as per industry standards. As well I need to be able to see the bottom surface on the ceiling because sometimes the top and bottom surfaces do not align.

Thank you.