PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD Plant 3D??

brianw.231320
2011-04-26, 06:13 PM
I just started using AutoCAD Plant 3D and need a little help on the Structural part of it!
I have part of my structure laid out and was wanting to cope the beams where needed, anyone have a shortcut of doing that?
Thanks,
Brian

Wanderer
2013-03-07, 02:43 PM
I just started using AutoCAD Plant 3D and need a little help on the Structural part of it!
I have part of my structure laid out and was wanting to cope the beams where needed, anyone have a shortcut of doing that?
Thanks,
Brian

Hi there,

I'm moving this thread from the AutoCAD forum to the new Plant 3D forum, as I believe it will be better served here. Thanks.

john.lauer
2014-05-29, 06:12 PM
Welcome to the hell that is my world. You will find that there are several structural actions that you will be unable to perform.
Just show the structural members in the model. Create orthos for the plans and elevations, and detail the connections using straight autocad functions.
sorry.

nandrews738649
2016-12-02, 08:42 AM
Thanks,
Brian
Hi Brian,
Plant 3D has very limited structural out of the box. It will basically give you something that looks like a structure but that's it for now. Autodesks' current modus operandi seems to be to produce lots of applications that can be bolted together to provide a suite, when from a user point of view one integrated application would be preferred. So if you want to add an engineered structure to your Plant 3D model you need to get the suite which includes Advanced Steel. Advanced steel provides all of the end preps needed plus auto-insertion of gussets and bolts if required, with the ability to change gusset size and bolt quantity on the fly. It will provide you with a detailed BOM, automated revision clouds and all the good stuff you would expect to be in Plant 3D. Of course, if you need to do FEA then you need to purchase yet another application, though not necessarily an Autodesk product.