PDA

View Full Version : Column - Wall

Bryan Thatcher
2011-04-27, 07:03 PM
I have a column that is being cut by a wall. How can I prevent that, thanks.

Teresa.Martin
2011-04-27, 10:34 PM
I have a column that is being cut by a wall. How can I prevent that, thanks.

Are you using an architectural column or a structural column? They do behave differently. In general, if you do not want a wall to cut or join to a column so to speak, using a structural column is a better choice.

Bryan Thatcher
2011-04-28, 12:25 PM
It's a structural column, a rectangular concrete column that I'm using as a pier. The pier will be in place before the wall, so the wall will be built around it. The other wall that's in the image is linked in, that's why it's not interacting with the 'pier' at all.

Teresa.Martin
2011-04-28, 06:22 PM
It's a structural column, a rectangular concrete column that I'm using as a pier. The pier will be in place before the wall, so the wall will be built around it. The other wall that's in the image is linked in, that's why it's not interacting with the 'pier' at all.

So, my understanding is you are looking for a way for the wall to clean up through a link?

Bryan Thatcher
2011-04-29, 01:48 PM
Well my initial question was to get the column to cut the wall in the same model. My next question would be how to get that to happen through a link. I was guessing I may have to modify the wall in the linked file.