PDA

View Full Version : Large Plots

djahnke
2005-01-08, 04:39 PM
I work for a Survey company and we are having problems plotting big sheets (4m). Yes that is correct we do 4m Legal Pipeline plans, and our sheets keep getting cut off before they're done. We run Autodesk Map 3D 2005, Oce 9600 plotter and HP1055's. We use the Oce for mylar and check prints, and the HP for our photos. Everything is fine when we use the HP, but not on the Oce. We have gone in and and re-established the paper and plotter for metric & imperial but no luck. We have not tried plotting to file as I am not 100% sure how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RobertB
2005-01-08, 04:45 PM
Does the OCE support long plots?

djahnke
2005-01-08, 06:02 PM
Yes it does. This problem didn't come about until we started using ADM 2005. With 2004 there was no issue.

Mike.Perry
2005-01-08, 09:32 PM
Hi

Have you applied Service Pack 2 to Map 3D 2005 -

ID: DL4668310 - Autodesk MapĀ® 3D 2005 Service Pack 2 (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4668310&linkID=2786655)

We have not tried plotting to file as I am not 100% sure how to do it. Within the Plot Dialog Box tick the Plot to File check box (refer to attached image).

Have a good one, Mike

djahnke
2005-01-13, 01:24 PM
Thank you very much I'll give it a try.

djahnke
2005-02-01, 10:16 PM
Does anyone out there use a OCE9600 Plotter. We use one and are running Autodesk Map 3D 2005, and are having some issues. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike.Perry
2005-02-02, 08:49 AM
Does anyone out there use a OCE9600 Plotter. We use one and are running Autodesk Map 3D 2005, and are having some issues. Any help is greatly appreciated. Hi

Please note I have *merged* your two threads into one.

Why?

I believe they both relate to the same issues / problems (if that is not the case, please let me know, I will then correct the action I have taken).

+

So AUGI Members arriving to offer assistance and help can see the full picture so far.

Can I please ask that in future people don't re-post the same question in a *new* thread just because they've not received an answer. Please let the original post run it's natural course; be patient and let members answer (if they can) in their own time.

Thanks for your understanding, Mike

Forum Moderator

Mike.Perry
2005-02-02, 09:01 AM
Does anyone out there use a OCE9600 Plotter. We use one and are running Autodesk Map 3D 2005, and are having some issues. Any help is greatly appreciated. Hi

Can you please expand on the issues / problems you are experiencing?

How are you configuring the Plotter -

Windows Driver
PC3 file using a Windows Driver
PC3 file using a Heidi Driver

If a PC3 file using a Heidi Driver, which Heidi Driver?

If the Oce Heidi Driver, try using the Heidi Hewlett-Packard Driver instead (DesignJet 650 is a good generic HPGL/2 Driver).

Have you tried searching for answers on the Oce web site - http://www.oce.com

Have you tried the Forum Search (http://forums.augi.com/search.php?) facility, should be able to find information on "Oce 9600" and Oce Plotter related issues / problems etc within the Forums.

Have a good one, Mike

djahnke
2005-02-02, 02:26 PM
Well what I did was. Use the original Oce 9600 Paper.PC3 file, and go through the properties to establish a new paper size from scratch which was 900mm x 4000mm, 13mm all around and 30mm leading/trailing. Then re save it as a new PC3 file. When I first tried to select my new plotter the paper wanted to go to a previous size, but was able to select the size I created. Here are a couple of screen shots of the driver and of the paper. Then when I try to plot a sheet that measures 2633mm I can only 1150mm to print out on the sheet. The dwg previews fine and I've tried re windowing it as well with no success. We have since gone and found upgrade for the plotter TDS600. Haven't totally got things straight on in it, but we were able to get a test page to print which is a good start. So I guess the big question is, is there a fix without having to load the driver in?

Mike.Perry
2005-02-02, 03:27 PM
We have since gone and found upgrade for the plotter TDS600. Haven't totally got things straight on in it, but we were able to get a test page to print which is a good start. So I guess the big question is, is there a fix without having to load the driver in? Hi

Your screen captures show the use of the Oce Heidi Driver, you could try the other options I mentioned in a earlier post within this thread.

Or just bite the bullet (so to speak) and install the very latest (most up to date) Driver for the Plotter.

Trying to get the old Driver to work is simply not worth the time or effort involved (if you know the newer version works), in my humble opinion (plus there are no guarantees you will be able to get the old Driver to work as you desire).

Oce are notoriously bad at writing "good" Drivers for their output devices; personal experience over a long period of time has made me reach that conclusion.

Have a good one, Mike

djahnke
2005-02-02, 04:31 PM
Thanks for you help we'll give the new drivers a try. On a side note one of our mappers was able to get it to plot with Microstation. Go figure.

Mike.Perry
2005-02-02, 06:17 PM
On a side note one of our mappers was able to get it to plot with Microstation. Go figure. Hi

Microstation wouldn't being using a Heidi Driver.

Have a good one, Mike

sturner
2005-02-02, 09:23 PM
in the plotter configuration select custom properties and in the next window select cutting method usually plot size will work or you could give it a custom length.

djahnke
2005-02-03, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the advice Sturner and we did try to us the cutting method and just using the window with similar results.