PDA

View Full Version : Super Grid Snap?

markleasor
2011-05-09, 04:38 PM
I was just thinking that I would love to have a setting in Revit that would restrict the placement of walls and openings to a specified spacing grid. So, if I lay out a bunch of walls real quick, I can know that the distance between any them will be an increment of 50mm, for instance. And then if a wall gets nudge slightly, Revit would automatically snap it back to that 50mm grid.
I want to prevent little inaccuracies that cause headaches when they have to be corrected down the line. I haven't heard of any setting like this in Revit, but has anyone else? Maybe an add-on someone has created? Maybe there are way to many negative repercussions that I am not considering that would make this a terrible idea?

patricks
2011-05-09, 05:44 PM
If you want to work from a grid, you can always turn on the Work Plane visibility and change the grid size to whatever you like. Then as you draw your walls, the cursor will pick up those grid intersections using the Intersection snap setting (an X appears under the cursor at each grid intersection).

The walls won't necessarily automatically go to those grid lines, but it can help with layout. The setting is under Home > Work Plane, usually at the far right end of the ribbon.