PDA

View Full Version : Open a revit file in Photoshop..

Nymph
2011-05-10, 06:41 AM
Hi guys,

I'm using revit architecture 2011, my project is in "meters". both plans and sections are scale 1:50.

My problem is, I don't know how to open my work "to scale" in photoshop. I am required to print all my work on one 2.2mx5m board. The reason for photoshop is that I also need to render my work there, along with some 3ds max shots.

I tried exporitng to CAD, opening from CAD & plotting to PDF, then opening it in photoshop, but the scale was all off, & the qualitiy was very bad.

I also tried adding a title sheet in revit, but my work was much bigger than all the sheets I had. I don't know if it's a measure unit issue or not.

To summarize my question: How can I open a revit file (in pdf format for example) in photshop, while keeping it to scale?????

What can Ido to fix this? If anyone could lead me to a solution to this, I'd be more than greatful.

Thanks,

Carrie

Jun Austria
2011-05-10, 09:03 AM
Do it all in Revit. Just insert the images you needed in Revit. At least your Plans, Sections or Elevations are in scale.

Hel
2011-05-10, 09:14 AM
Hi Carrie,

I think it was your other post I answered on, as I think it's the same question, have a read and I hope it helps :)

Cheers Hel

RobG
2011-05-10, 04:26 PM
if you REALLY need to bring it to a 3rd party software such as a product in the Adobe family, then i HIGHLY suggest you export to DWG and then open that in Illustrator, NOT photoshop. Illustrator reads DWGs almost natively.

patricks
2011-05-10, 05:06 PM
Print at proper scale to PDF, bring PDF into Photoshop. Boom it's done, to scale.

Assuming your work area in Photoshop is the proper 2.2m x 5m. However as was mentioned, I think Illustrator would be a better tool for what you're trying to accomplish. I made many a presentation "montage" boards in architecture school, always done in Illustrator.

Photoshop is really just meant to be an image/photo editor tool. Illustrator is meant to be used for graphical page layouts.