PDA

View Full Version : detail tags help...urgent...

olakahahola
2011-05-13, 05:31 AM
Hi i have a detail view in my project of a sill. I have marked a detail with a TYP tag in the Reference label proprieties. Now if i try to create a new detail tag and reference this view in a similar condition in another elevation, by duplicate the Tag and change the TYP tag to SIM in the reference label proprieties, all my tags get changed to SIM. Is there a solution to this, i looked online and found this blog, but it is a little old. Has this issue been fixed or will a new detail that is referencing another detail always pic up the originals TAG properties. Any help would be great. I have to use various labels in my projets (SIM, BYD, TYP) by referencing.

renogreen
2011-05-13, 03:01 PM
You can create duplicates of a detail tag and then go to the tag's type properties. There is a item there called reference label which you can change/edit so that you have one type of tag for Sim and another type of tag for Typ.

gtarch
2011-05-14, 09:37 PM
I've had the same problem. My understanding is there is no solution.

You can't reference a single detail as sim in one callout and as typ in another. They will all be tym OR sim. The typ / sim is associated with that view, like a type parameter you might say, not an instance parameter.

No way to do what you want, it will always keep flipping all the callouts every time you change if from one to the other.