PDA

View Full Version : Flush door as system panel in storefront

mrdavie
2011-05-13, 09:31 PM
The attached jpeg sort of shows what I want to accomplish. I want to replace glazing with a door, like the two glass doors available out of the box to be used as system panels. But, I want a flush "wood" door, and be able to change its swing and to make it a RH or LH door. The image looks like there is a door because I duplicated the glass panel, called it door and gave it a wood veneer look.

rosskirby
2011-05-14, 12:20 AM
Two options:

Option 1 (best): Start a new Curtain Wall Door family from the template (a regular door template won't work). Alternatively, you could select the Curtain Wall Single Door family that comes OOTB, edit the family to eliminate the glass panel in the middle, change the material, and save as a new door, then load that into your project.

Option 2 : If you've already got some special door built that you're using elsewhere in the project, and you want it to schedule as the same door here (rather than as a similar curtain wall door), replace the glass panel with a wall (doesn't matter what type) and insert a regular door into that.