PDA

View Full Version : Double sheets in list

Bryan Thatcher
2011-05-17, 08:12 PM
For some reason my model is showing up twice in the sheet list. Can anyone think of a reason this would be happening? Is it a problem with their file or my model? Thanks.

patricks
2011-05-18, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. Only sheets show up in sheet lists, not models or model views. Do you mean that you have a linked file and the sheets from both files show up in your sheet list? If so, open the properties for your sheet list and under Fields at the lower left is a check box to include elements (sheets in this case) in linked files.

snowocean
2011-05-18, 04:58 PM
I am guessing you are talking about your sheets showing up twice in your project browser. If this is the case it's a default setting when setting up the project.

In your project browser hover over the Sheets, right click and hit the type properties option. Click folders and change your settings to Group by 'Sheet Discipline', then none. Sort by 'Sheet Number'.

If your workplace is not lax about altering standard settings make sure you duplicate before making changes.........Since our last upgrade I have been noticing this at the firm I am currently working at.

hworrell
2011-05-19, 05:50 PM
Hi! We were having this same issue a week ago with our linked files - with no explanation. We finally ended up going into the "Sorting/Grouping" in the sheet list properties and clicking off "itemize every instance".

Not sure why the sheets were showing up twice...clearly, I only had one sheet named and numbered one way (Revit doesn't let you do otherwise)

Hope this works for you.

-Heather

patricks
2011-05-23, 01:58 PM
Hi! We were having this same issue a week ago with our linked files - with no explanation. We finally ended up going into the "Sorting/Grouping" in the sheet list properties and clicking off "itemize every instance".

Not sure why the sheets were showing up twice...clearly, I only had one sheet named and numbered one way (Revit doesn't let you do otherwise)

Hope this works for you.

-Heather

Did you have 2 or more files started from the same template linked together with some sheets already in each file? If so I bet you had "Include Elements from Linked Files" checked under the Fields tab.

Keep in mind also that if this above is true and you simply turn off Itemize Every Instance, then if one sheet has a different name from the same sheet in another linked file, the sheet title will not show up.

I have Itemize Every Instance checked on my sheet list, with no linked files, and everything shows up correctly.

s.gleeson720119
2016-03-31, 11:40 PM
I had same problem. Your answer worked for me on R16