PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Door Swing from Interior to Exterior

tfranson
2011-05-18, 05:21 PM
Good Morning,

Does anybody have any ideas why a door and door swing appear correctly when shown with the swing to the interior of the building, but when flipped to swing to the exterior, the door swing disappears and appearance of the door alters (almost like a rcp)? This only happens when the door is in our exterior walls, all doors in interior partitions are fine.

Thanks.

patricks
2011-05-18, 05:26 PM
It probably has to do with the thickness of the wall and what lines or reference planes the door swing arc is locked to in the family editor.

tfranson
2011-05-18, 05:30 PM
Thanks, I'll try messing around some more in the family and see if that works. Just odd, as it's never done this before and our wall type is a pretty typical assembly that we use quite often.

tfranson
2011-05-18, 07:55 PM
Ok, so I've tried what was suggested. Nothing. Loading the door family into other projects and thick wall types, it reads as intended with swing to both exterior and interior. For whatever reason it's only this revit model.

I'm hoping for other suggestions. Help me AUGI Wan-Community!

patricks
2011-05-18, 08:03 PM
Try to copy the offending door and wall into a blank project and see if the problem is still there. If it is, please post the file here so we can have a look. If the problem is not present in the new file, well then I don't know what to say.

tfranson
2011-05-18, 08:39 PM
Ok, I've created a new file, copy and pasted the wall and door in. Everything is fine. I have done a "save as" and deleted everything out but the door and the wall. The problem exists still... I completely perplexed.

I've attached this file. The wall has the door to the interior, swing shows and a second door to the exterior, door is messed up.

Thanks for having a look.

peterjegan
2011-05-19, 05:11 AM
Your problem has nothing to do with your door family. You have a plan region, probably running around the perimeter of the building and showing...maybe the roof, maybe a clerestory.

DoTheBIM
2011-05-19, 11:52 AM
The plan region is hidden. toggle the reveal hidden elements to see the problem.

tfranson
2011-05-20, 02:52 PM
Thanks! Sometimes I forget that it's something way too obvious and start looking for really complex solutions.