PDA

View Full Version : Why "blanks" in Corridor Surface?

LarryN
2011-05-18, 06:23 PM
Having created a CIV3D corridor (using 2011) I often get periodic "blanks" in the resultant surface. I have been using Edit Surface/Add Line or Add Point to help rectify the situation, but this can be time consuming. Any knowledge out there as to how/why this happens and what I can do to prevent this or better ways to correct?
Thanks!

civil3Dguide
2011-05-19, 04:54 AM
Where are the blanks? Can you load up an image of them?

LarryN
2011-05-19, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the response, but I do not have an image. These "blanks" show up randomly. The blanks may be rectangular or triangular, depending on the shape of the TIN. Like I said I can correct after the fact by adding lines or points, but it would be much nicer if I did not have to do so in the first place.

civil3Dguide
2011-05-25, 03:37 AM
I can remote in and have you show me if you would like.

indydrafter
2011-06-06, 12:45 AM
This is often due to issues with the Alignments, Polylines, Feature Lines, or Survey Figures you are Targeting with your Corridor Assemblies. If you have any sub-assembly with a width target ability, you might want to check exactly what it is extending to. This is the best answer I can give without seeing an example of the problems you're having, but it is a pretty common issue.