PDA

View Full Version : Roof core

chad_middlemis
2005-01-10, 11:50 PM
I have noticed that a roof I have used dose not sit correctly on the wall. I would like the the core of the roof structure to sit on the core of the wall structure, ie with a brick veneer wall the roof needs to pitch from the stud, not the brick. Am I doing something wrong? I have the stud only in the core of the wall, and the same for the roof, but is still is pitching from the wrong place.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Mr Spot
2005-01-11, 12:02 AM
Edit the priorities of the wall and roof. Layers of the same value will tend to attach to each other.

For instance if you have a Structure (1) wrapped in a finish (4 or 5) for a roof and similar for a wall, the structure of the wall will punch through the finish layer and attach to the structure.

beegee
2005-01-11, 12:24 AM
Chad,

When you create the roof, using pick walls, check the box for "extend into core" and also use the Rafter type roof, so that the pitch point is from the inner face of the top plate.

See also the graphic explanation in this thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=12477&page=2&pp=10&highlight=roof+rafter+truss).

chad_middlemis
2005-01-11, 12:44 AM
I thought I had it right.
Wall: 1 - finish 1(4)-masonry brick 110mm, 2 - thermal/airlayer-40mm, 3 - core boundary, 4 - structure 1-metal stud layer 90mm, 5 core boundary, 6 - finish 2(5)-finishes interior plasterboard.
Roof: 1 - finish 1(4)-colorbond 20mm, 2 - core boundary, 3 - structure (1) defalt roof, 4 - core boundary, 5 - finish 2 (5) insulation/thermal barrier.
I have attached what I keep getting.

chad_middlemis
2005-01-11, 01:09 AM
Sorry beegee, I was still writing when your message was posted. That did the trick, thanks.