PDA

View Full Version : Wall Sweep

cgrover
2003-10-10, 06:39 PM
I've constructed a wall to which I have added a wall sweep with the "modify vertical structure" tools. When I add a window the window does not cut out of the sweep, but it does at the doors. Any thoughts on why this happens. I've attached a file for everyone to look at....oops I've exceded my 5mb of upload capabilities. (the file is only 2mb) Anyone know how I can attach this?

Thanks,
grover

jcyyoung
2003-10-11, 12:23 PM
do you mean "Edit Elevation Profile" tool?

Steve_Stafford
2003-10-11, 01:19 PM
Wall sweeps have an orientation from a "baseline" and you can flip the sweep to the other side of this baseline to get it to cut properly. Select the sweep and look for the "arrow" controls similar to walls, doors etc to flip the sweep. Then fix the sweep's elevation with the align tool or by entering specific values in the properties dialog.

PeterJ
2003-10-13, 09:13 AM
look at the member list, click on your name and then follow the link to the attachment management centre. Delete some older posts and you will have space again.

cgrover
2003-10-13, 02:33 PM
Thanks for taking a look at this for me. I've posted the condition I'm having trouble with. Thanks for your help.

grover

Steve_Stafford
2003-10-13, 02:59 PM
Is this what you're after? I made a second wall style with a short sweep and lowered the sill, split the wall on either side of the window...used linework to hide the seams...I'd be interested to see what other ideas come out.

cgrover
2003-10-13, 03:04 PM
Steve,

Yes, that is what I'm looking for. I also started splitting the walls and doing as you did...but then I asked myself, if the sweep is cut out at the doors why wouldn't it at the windows? Thanks, may have to continue splitting walls.

grover