PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Line-Wireframe - no difference! Why?!

Gadget Man
2005-01-11, 01:50 AM
Heeeelp!

I don't know what to do!

I started this project in 6.1 then I opened it in 7.0 (CD version) and all was OK.

Then I updated to (downloaded) latest build of 7.0 and suddenly all my components became transparent in a Floor View...? And it doesn't matter if I switch to Wireframe, Hidden Line or even Shaded View (the shading appears OK) - in all modes all my components show "through" all the things under them (see attachments).

They show correctly in 3D views (obscured)... I tried to re-load all the components - it didn't work. So I deleted all of them, purged them and then re-loaded -> no good!
I tried to check all the settings and all the different places I could think of (even re-assigned the materials) - to no avail.

It happened once before to me with a different job. Then I started the project in 6.1 and transfered it to downloaded "pre-shipment" release (early build) of 7.0.
Exactly the same problems! I ended up re-drawing the whole job then in 6.1 (stupidly I deleted all earlier copies of the file before it was too late).

Now, since I just re-installed my whole hard drive, I have only installed the latest (downloaded) build of 7.0 and I really DON'T WANT to re-draw the whole damn thing again!!! And again I have no previous saves of that job file...

Do you know what I am doing wrong (apart from not keeping old saves, but that is beyond the point)?

Jerry

SkiSouth
2005-01-11, 03:23 AM
Are any of these components 2d drawings that are linked?, or all of these Revit objects?

Gadget Man
2005-01-11, 03:34 AM
Are any of these components 2d drawings that are linked?, or all of these Revit objects?
The only 2D element is an imported (not linked) DWG Contour Plan.

Jerry

beegee
2005-01-11, 04:47 AM
Jerry,

It looks to me as though you have a corrupted file.

As you cannot get a backup to reuse, I suggest you send this file to Revit Support.