PDA

View Full Version : Custom Ceiling

MikeJarosz
2011-05-26, 02:16 PM
I have created a custom ceiling type. I want to give it a surface pattern. When I click the graphics...fill pattern in edit type, Revit opens the drafting fill pattern list, and the model fill pattern button is grayed out. When I choose a drafting pattern, nothing happens. I'm pretty sure I need a model pattern, but I can't find a way to access it.

I tried an override, but override a single element does not offer transparent as an option, so I get speckles over my lighting and whatever else is on the ceiling.

cdatechguy
2011-05-26, 02:44 PM
Are you trying to edit the Coarse Scale Fill Pattern? That is drafting only....you have to create a material to use the model fill pattern...

patricks
2011-05-26, 02:46 PM
In your ceiling type properties, you need to click the Edit button for the Structure field. That is where you assign materials to the different layers of your compound ceiling type.

DoTheBIM
2011-05-26, 02:55 PM
overrides will only allow drafting patterns. you just need to set the surface pattern of the material that is on the outside face of your ceiling (or paint it with a material). there is a radio button at the bottom of the surface pattern dialog to switch between drafting or model patterns. You can get there by just going to materials or if you don't know which material the ceiling is using...go through the ceiling type properties.

MikeJarosz
2011-05-26, 07:44 PM
Thanks. It's working now:)

patricks
2011-05-26, 08:38 PM
blast... still no model patterns available for element surface pattern overrides I guess? That was a MAJOR problem for me on one project several years back.

MikeJarosz
2011-05-26, 09:30 PM
BTW I was wrong about transparency in a single element override. It's there, in a checkbox that I missed.

CAtDiva
2012-05-31, 06:06 PM
BTW I was wrong about transparency in a single element override. It's there, in a checkbox that I missed.

Score! That's just what I needed to make my ceilings (that I have to have for lights, but won't really exist) disappear!