PDA

View Full Version : Hide annotation in all views

Michael Coviello
2005-01-11, 03:06 PM
Is there a way to right click an annotation object and 'hide annotation in ALL views'? I would use this for levels, section marks and even reference planes. Many times i set up sections for alignment purposes or levels to establish control points; which are not needed on the cd's. they are only for me while modeling. thanks.

beegee
2005-01-11, 10:21 PM
This method may help ?

LINK _ Hiding Sketch Sections, A Workaround (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=781)

Michael Coviello
2005-01-18, 03:03 PM
Thanks. This would solve the problem w/sections and it's a great idea. I'm also interested in levels and reference planes.
The levels that i'm referring to are the ones that don't have any real purpose showing up on the printed page
It's frustrating to have to go into every view and hide a particular level when it may only be used for reference. I'm thinking there could be a right click menu item to 'hide annotation in all views'. I'm wondering how others deal with this, or if i'm using levels when i should not be.
one example is a roof ridge level which is needed to draw a hip rafter using the brace tool.
or a level for the 'top of lally column' where it's not important to print that level line.

sbrown
2005-01-18, 04:09 PM
The only thing you can do with levels and grids is place them on various worksets, ie minor grids and levels. Then these can be turned off or on.

Steve_Stafford
2005-01-18, 04:29 PM
You could also use a scope box and assign only your working levels and grids to the scope box. Then hide the scope box items in your sheet views.... Still something to manage but if you aren't using worksets it is a way to minimize it some...