PDA

View Full Version : Schematic Floor Plan - Single Line

antman
2011-06-03, 09:33 PM
For schematic floor plans we like to show the client a floor plan with a single line to represent the wall rather than the full thickness. What is the best way to accomplish this quickly in Revit? Would it be best to just start with drafted lines? A collection of conceptual masses? Seems like a lot of work. What I would prefer is to just place the walls full thickness as they will actually be and set the display to only show the baseline (exterior face of core is my preference). Is there a way to do that? My other thought is to place the walls and then change the type to a thin wall that will plot as a single line, and then change them back after plotting. Any advice?

Exar Kun
2011-06-04, 11:44 PM
If you don't need doors & windows displayed then you could create your plans as area plans and just use area boundary lines as walls. You could then place your conceptual rooms as areas. A similar thing could be achieved by creating floor plans using only room separation lines. Otherwise, I would indeed use a very thin wall type.

sbrown
2011-06-06, 07:37 PM
If you have access to Autodesk University Online, look up our class from last year, Conceptual Floor plans.

Basically we have created a template that has single line walls, doors and windows. Basically you just need to make a wall type or a few for diff. thicknesses with the coarse fill black, then make a couple door and window families that are just "tick" marks.