PDA

View Full Version : Links and View Templates

MikeJarosz
2011-06-07, 05:37 PM
We are in a joint venture with another firm. They are doing the core and shell and we are doing the interior planning and fitout. They send us their Revit model and we link it in with shared coordinates. That part is working OK. However, they will be updating their model frequently. They have large areas blocked out with color fill: offices, lobby, toilets etc. We will take their blocked out areas and fill in the details.I had to turn on their color fills with Visibility graphics - linked file - select view. Each floor is different.

Because the file will update often, I want to make a view template, specifically to turn on the fills. I discovered that the VG for Revit links is so specific as to view that I will have to make a template for every floor.

I would like to have a view template to apply to all 15 floors at once. Is that possible under these circumstances?

patricks
2011-06-07, 09:38 PM
You might need to set the overrides for the link to Custom in your template settings, instead of using By Linked View. But once you get one set up, just Ctrl-Click all your floor plan views and apply that template. You can set up the template to affect only the linked Revit file and nothing else in the view (not the scale, detail level, model or annotation categories of your file, etc).