PDA

View Full Version : Material Mark - Tag - and Schedule for Soffit & Fascia

3dway
2011-06-08, 03:18 PM
I've added material tags to my elevations. They read the Material Mark.
I'm trying to schedule them.
The soffits and fascias are materials 02, and 01.
I can't get them to show up in the schedule.
If I have to I'll at them to the end in view specific details. I'd rather not.

How do I get these to show in the schedule?

I also get materials scheduling which are totally blank. Any tips on on backtracking these into the material list? I have no idea what they're from.

BSaunders
2011-06-22, 06:30 PM
I am having a similar difficulty. I hope someone can address it.

In our project we have a material schedule which is used to describe all of the materials used in the project. (We are doing this because we have multple projects of the same type and client and are looking for consistency from project to project). That material schedule work perfectly.

Some of those materials are assigned to pieces of furniture in the project.

We also have to provide a furniture plan, with corresponding marks for the furniture type.

The problem comes in when we schedule those pieces of furniture. In the furniture schedule we need to show what materials pieces of the furniture are, ie seat back fabrick, seating material, etc. When we schedule it the schedule seems to only read the Material Name. Is there a way to direct the furniture schedule to read the sub parameters of the material? Meaning: Can i have the furniture schedule read the material "mark" field similar to how the material tags read that field.

Example Material:

Material Name: FA2 - 09720 - Fabric - Dinning Pullman Seat Back
Mat. Mark = FA2
Mat. Manufactuer = " "
Mat Keynote = 09720

so on and so forth.

We can't rename the fabric to just he mark because it would make it difficult in apply the material because we would have to refer to the description field each time we applied it or if a newer person was working on it it would really slow the project down. In the schedule however we just need to refer to the material by it's mark.

Is there anyway to do this?

I hope that i've explained it clearly.