PDA

View Full Version : Another Grid Bubble Question

Griff
2005-01-11, 05:00 PM
The building I'm working on has an existing grid system. There are several wings. "A wing" runs east west, "B wing" ties into "A wing" and runs south, down to "C wing which runs east west. This goes on and on for several wings. See attached Image

Each wing has it's own grid 1, 2, 3, & 4.

Is there anyway to have multiple grids with the same number on different wings?

I tried creating individual grid bubbles family "A wing grid bubble", "B wing grid bubble" and so on, but that still won't allow me to have multiple grids with the same number. Any thoughts on how to do this?

Steve_Stafford
2005-01-11, 05:20 PM
...Is there anyway to have multiple grids with the same number on different wings?...Sorry, no, not within one project. You need to add a prefix to each set of grids relative to each wing.

We've asked to be able to have segmented grid lines that would allow a grid line to continue at another angle for mirrored plan conditions but what you are asking for is a little different from that.

Griff
2005-01-11, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the reply Steve. At least I now know I have to figure some way around this and get it approved by the owner.

Joef
2005-01-12, 12:30 AM
It is possible to fool Revit. Create your own font by modifying an existing font ( I used a shareware program called Font Creator 4.5) If you replace some of the international symbols with another standard alphabet or two, and then use the character map to get their alt+number, you can produce a grid with 2 b's (or not 2 b's) :-)
You would have to be pretty organised. I can see much confusion if you lost track of which grid had which "A".

Joe Feldman

Steve_Stafford
2005-01-12, 12:45 AM
...It is possible to fool Revit...Pretty sneaky...pretty clever! :lol:

Alex Page
2005-01-12, 02:56 AM
why would you want to have 2 grids called the same thing...just asking for trouble I reckon...
contractor..." which wall do I demolish?"
you...."the one we talked about yesterday...remember...the one between grid B and C"
contractor....''thats right"

Joef
2005-01-12, 04:36 AM
You are right. No sane person would do this, but the project described above is an existing one and a solution was being sought. I would think renaming the grids would be the most practical. Existing letters or numbers with a superscript.