PDA

View Full Version : polygonal section box?

jameswest77
2011-06-13, 04:09 PM
So I want to make a more complex section box in 3D view- is there a way to modify the typical cubic section box so that it's polygonal? Or can anyone suggest a way to create the same effect?

Thanks,
James

nancy.mcclure
2011-06-13, 05:35 PM
Alas, section boxes are limited to cubic form. To represent non-rectilinear plan crops, you may need to create two separate views and place them adjacent on a sheet, and stretch one titlebar beneath the two.

jameswest77
2011-06-13, 05:41 PM
Alas, section boxes are limited to cubic form. To represent non-rectilinear plan crops, you may need to create two separate views and place them adjacent on a sheet, and stretch one titlebar beneath the two.

problem is it's not a plan view I want to polygonal crop, it's a 3D view. I want to show a 3D perspective or axon with a section box that cuts a more interesting shape that's aligned with the major axes.

Thanks!

Revitaoist
2011-06-13, 05:50 PM
You can rotate the box for a diagonal section.

jameswest77
2011-06-13, 06:20 PM
You can rotate the box for a diagonal section.

yes, thanks, but that's still a rectangular box- I want a polygon.

nancy.mcclure
2011-06-13, 07:29 PM
Still limited to a cubic scope box. I'd recommend placing adjacent views in this scenario, too, using a combo of a section box in 3D, and adjusting the crop region at the abutting view edges.

pheadpro
2024-01-31, 08:35 PM
Still limited to a cubic scope box. I'd recommend placing adjacent views in this scenario, too, using a combo of a section box in 3D, and adjusting the crop region at the abutting view edges.

I feel compelled to reopen this thread as it seems that standard Revit - even up to 2021 - does not have a polygonal view box function and yet Revit MEP and Arch had it back in v2014. Really ? Can we add this wishlist item onto the 2024 list. A polygonal section box is really a standard need given the variety of designs out there that need to be subdivided in odd shaped ways; especially the 3d views to export for use in Navis or other platforms for coordination processes. I can't believe that is not a standard feature by now.