PDA

View Full Version : Leader Arrows ?

trombe
2003-10-12, 08:51 AM
Could anyone please tell me if it is possible to create your own Text Leaders ?
I want 45 degree arrow heads but we only have 30 degree ones as closest match option.
I have checked in various template folders / Family Editor etc and cannot find a way to make a custom Text Leader.
Is this a non customizable system setting ?
All comments welcome.
trombe, NZ

beegee
2003-10-12, 12:17 PM
Settings > Annotations > Arrowheads > Duplicate > Rename > select arrowhead > change angle to 45 deg > change tick size if desired.

trombe
2003-10-12, 11:49 PM
hey thanks Beegee,
I had already gone back over old posts and seen your earlier one about this, but I could not find "New" referred to in that post but had tried several times to do what you note here.
I realized after your post above, that the 45 degree I was interested in, is actually 90 degrees in Revit, that is, the arrow head is 90 , but oriented 45 to the horizontal...duh !
so thanks heaps for that mate.
David

brantfetter
2006-07-12, 09:43 PM
Most likely to be posted to wishlist too:
It would be nice to be able to change an arrow head so that it's got a line weight different from the leader line. This is pretty standard practice with hash marks and ticks, so why can't we do it with arrow heads? Fill makes it look horrid - for what I'm trying to do.

Secondarily, the goal is to have a 90 degree arrow head with crisp corners. it would preferable to be able to define the arrow head similar to AutoCAD where one is able to draw a symbol and have that 'top off' the leader line. The reason I point this out is that the method that Revit uses to thicken lines is a straight offset where the ends of lines are rounded by this method which is ok sometimes but looks bad on small objects drawn with heavy lines.

johndesco
2006-07-16, 07:29 AM
Yes, Brantfetter,
I've been searching for that for ages, another wish is a three part leader, (as in autocad). Not that much to ask is it?

bradley.69589
2006-08-28, 03:51 PM
I have a detail that i have tagged the beam, is there a way to add just a leader to the tag instead of the line it comes with, When will the Revit gurus understand that we need to get things done not be on here asking how to draw a arrow to point to a beam?

The Sweg
2006-08-28, 04:39 PM
Bradley,

After placing a tag w/ a line (leader),. click on the tag and go to 'Properties'. I believe you have to select 'Edit/New' to get to the 'Type Properties', in order to select which kind of arrowhead is on that tag. I believe it defaults to 'None'. Your choices are limited, but you can accomplish what you are after, if I'm understanding your question correctly.

HTH
:)

JMELENDEZ
2007-09-13, 08:05 PM
Does anyone know how to change a second leader to a differant type? Ex: When calling out rebar in a detail section, engineers typicaly call out w/an open dot when rebar is cut through horz. and call out w/an arrow when rebar is vertical. how can i have two differant arrow types for one text line?

Steve_Stafford
2007-09-13, 08:30 PM
Does anyone know how to change a second leader to a differant type? Ex: When calling out rebar in a detail section, engineers typicaly call out w/an open dot when rebar is cut through horz. and call out w/an arrow when rebar is vertical. how can i have two differant arrow types for one text line?It isn't possible to assign two different arrowheads to the same text type. You can copy the text and use a different type that uses a different arrowhead and place the text on top of each other and it will look as though it is one.