PDA

View Full Version : straight to curve stair problem

CADMama
2011-06-15, 04:22 PM
I have tried to do a stringer to work as a sweep - as part of a rail - it is not showing up right no matter what I do.
The sweep wants to twist the profile along the curve part - see the left side of this stair.
The rail option breaks the curve and straight pieces and it is nothing but ugly.

Any ideas?

Oh and the custom generic model balusters have been hosted on the rail that has the stringer so if I blow out that profile from the rain I need to put something in its place to keep the post - I don't really want to place them again.

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-06-15, 05:04 PM
Donnia.
No image

CADMama
2011-06-15, 06:16 PM
Donnia.
No image

Poop - and I thought I had attached the rvt file. Let me try again.

OK - revit file too big so here is a jpg.

Thanks Dimitri.

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-06-28, 04:55 AM
Sorry Donnia,
This one fell through the cracks.
Seeing you at RTC and you mentioning that you were still having issues with this made me feel guilty for not following through.:Oops:
Can you copy the stair into a clean model and zip it or just e-mail it to me and I can have a closer look.
Cheers

cdatechguy
2011-06-28, 05:14 AM
Think Phil got her squared away at RTC...at least on paper...;)

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-06-28, 05:25 AM
Michael, thanks for the absolution. I feel the burden of my guilt leave me;)
If that's the case I'd like Donnia to share the solution:lol:

CADMama
2011-06-28, 12:49 PM
Great idea Dimitri.
For the upper part - there at the landing. Just pull the rail out below the first riser going up - make it the length of the tread. In this case it was 12".
For the curve portion that was not connecting up - I changed the profile of the channel by lengthening it about 4 more inches and made that portion a different rail.