PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Project Standards doesn't pull in all changes

jon.200969
2011-06-16, 01:06 AM
I'm trying to transfer a railing type from one project to another. Both projects already have the railing in them, but it's been modified in one project and I'd like to update the 2nd project to use the modified railing type.

When I use Transfer Project Standards it doesn't seem to work. (ie the railing isn't updated in the target project) Is this because that railing type name already exists in the 2nd project? If so is there a way to force it to override?

Thanks!

renogreen
2011-06-16, 03:11 PM
You can always copy and paste from the project browser, from one project to the other. Because they will have the same name, Revit will rename the one you copy by adding a 2 to the name. Rename the change the railing in the project to the one you pasted in the delete the one you don't need.

jon.200969
2011-06-16, 03:14 PM
Thanks. I've done that before but was hoping there would be a better way. That's a lot of steps. It would be nice to have a "redefine" option so you didn't have to do the renaming workaround.

patricks
2011-06-17, 05:39 PM
huh weird, I thought with TPS you had the option of overwriting duplicates or only copying in the new stuff.

lol TPS reports :p

jon.200969
2011-06-17, 05:58 PM
huh weird, I thought with TPS you had the option of overwriting duplicates or only copying in the new stuff.You do have that option, but it doesn't seem to overwrite everything. Overwriting my railing for example did not change the target railing for things like baluster/rail offsets, spacing, etc.

I would expect if you chose to overwrite it would overwrite everything, but it doesn't seem to.

patricks
2011-06-17, 06:04 PM
Well I just tried it with a rail type in a project, and transferred it into a new project from template, and the default railing got overridden exactly by the railing from my project with the same name.

Not sure why it's not working for you.

jon.200969
2011-06-22, 02:57 PM
Thanks for testing it out Patricks. I'm not sure why it's not working either. Seems like it should.

I've attached an example. "Test Rail Source.rvt" is the correct rail. "Test Rail Target.rvt" has the baluster offset wrong and is missing a rail.

When I use Transfer Project Standards and select only "Railing Types" nothing happens. No choice is given to overwrite duplicates and no change is made to the target rail. Revit doesn't seem to recognize that the rails are different from each other.

patricks
2011-06-22, 08:54 PM
I see what you're saying. Not sure why it doesn't work. I would open a support request with ADSK and attach those 2 files and let them give some input.