PDA

View Full Version : PROECT BROWSER

Bim Man
2005-01-11, 09:26 PM
HOW DO YOU PRINT THIS OUT. I WAS ABLE AT ONE TIME TO DO THIS BUT NOW I CAN NOT. HAS THIS BEEN TAKEN OUT OF THIS RELEASE.

beegee
2005-01-11, 09:38 PM
This hasn't been possible since 6.0.

Two possibilities:-

View > New > Viewlist. Gives you all the views, but none of the families, etc.
Screen capture and print.
HTH.

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-01-12, 12:11 AM
I'm with you on this one Bim Man. I really liked that feature and found it much faster than doing a series of screen captures. I missed it when they did away with it in R6.

What I'd like to be able to do is export the whole thing as text file so I can document my projects better.

ronjon
2005-01-12, 07:39 PM
Another Alternative:

Drag Project Browser window into drawing area to float in the drawing window; Expand as necessary; Then, ALT + Print Screen; Paste to your favorite app, then Print.

This method only captures the Project Browser window and not the application screen!

Enjoy!

Bim Man
2005-01-12, 07:45 PM
all these work fine but i do hate the multiple screen shots to get all the info i need. was there a reason behind them taking it out of the past 2 releases?

Bim Man
2005-01-12, 07:53 PM
jon,

i just realized it was you. your idea works better than any i have done so far and it is cleaner with out all the background info. it allows me to adjust for a larger printing area so i can get more per screen shot.

thank

pete

ronjon
2005-01-12, 10:02 PM
I agree with your initial comment that there may be a bug related to the print feature of this window based upon the Help File.

From Help File:
"If you choose Print while the Project Browser is the active window in Autodesk Revit, the output is the contents of the Project Browser window."

To me, this implies that it will print all category headings and sub level categories whether they are in view or not. However, when I try this it only allows you to print selected model views.

Somethings broke if you ask me...

Bim Man
2005-01-13, 04:57 PM
jon,

that means you need to use use your secret contacts to see what is going on.

just kiddng.

that is what confused me also.

pete