PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with my Align tool today?

patricks
2011-06-20, 04:36 PM
Drawing some stair details on a section through a stair object, and trying to get some filled region boundaries to align with various parts of the stair object. For some reason with the Align tool I can pick different edges of the stair in section, but it won't select any of my filled region boundaries on 2nd pick. I know I have done this before so I can't understand what is the problem here. It's pretty frustrating and time consuming to have to manually drag each end of a line to align with another line in a view.

patricks
2011-06-20, 04:40 PM
Problem was that I had Design Options set to one of the design options instead of Main Model. Seems kind of ridiculous that Align (and other tools) won't work or work correctly on view-specific objects just because Design Options are set to something other than Main Model.

And if you figure this out in-sketch, you have to cancel out of your sketch completely to change back to Main Model. That's pretty ridiculous too!

Some of y'all may be familiar with these DO limitations, but we rarely use them. I used them on this project to portray Base Bid and Deduct Alternate building conditions. Huge mistake. It is beyond annoying having to deal with these stupid design options for each version of the building.