PDA

View Full Version : imported objects

Bim Man
2005-01-11, 11:00 PM
under object stlyes the tab tab labeled impoted objects. how do you delete these. my template file has drawings that where impoted and i need them to be taken out and i can not seem to delete the catagory item only sub catagories.

thanks

Scott_Bloss
2005-01-12, 12:34 PM
Bim Man,

You have to delete all of the imported objects from the drawing and then the system will automatically delete the object styles from the list under imported objects.

Bim Man
2005-01-12, 01:03 PM
where do i do this? i will probally hit myself when you tell because i knew but forgot.

Scott_Bloss
2005-01-12, 01:08 PM
Bim Man,

There must be a imported object floating around in the model somewhere in order for Revit not to delete the information. You can not just delete the information from the object styles setting area. Take a look in the drawing to see if you can find the stray imported obeject, it could be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack if you know what I mean.

Bim Man
2005-01-12, 09:05 PM
that is what i am struggling with this is a blank file. there are no objects to select to delete buit the still show up as catagories in my imported files under object styles.

Scott_Bloss
2005-01-12, 09:07 PM
Bim Man,

If you would like send me the file and i can take a look at it for you.