PDA

View Full Version : Auto Cad floor plans to Revit

gallienhanson
2005-01-12, 03:24 AM
I could use some direction on importing specific floor plans or view ports from auto cad into Revit for recreating in Revit..I have no problem importing the whole file, but getting a specific view port in auto cad to a specific view in Revit has been difficult.

Scott_Bloss
2005-01-12, 12:21 PM
I would go to model space in AutoCAD to the view or plan that you would like and copy the information to the clip board. you can also make a block in Autocad of the information you want and import the block in to a Revit drafting view. or go in to Revit set up a drafting view to the same scale and paste the information into the drafting view from the clip board then plan the information on a sheet. Hope this helps.

Paul Monsef
2005-01-12, 04:38 PM
I could use some direction on importing specific floor plans or view ports from auto cad into Revit for recreating in Revit...
Sounds like you have a messy CAD file with a zillion layers and a million viewports to look at your zillion layers... :banghead:

What you could try is to WBLOCK out each "view" you wanted to import into Revit (do this through the Paperspace viewport). Then, import the Wblock DWG into the appropriate Revit view and recreate away!!

Simon.Whitbread
2005-01-12, 06:43 PM
I would ... copy the information to the clip board. ... or go in to Revit set up a drafting view to the same scale and paste the information into the drafting view from the clip board .

Not quite correct, Wblock the drawing entities to a seperate file, then import THAT file into your drafting view