PDA

View Full Version : Threaded Rod New Problem

SRBalliet
2011-06-30, 02:52 PM
OK all is fine except for a display problem. I am using wipeouts to hide the threaded portion of the rod as I slide the nut and washer along the rod. It works until I hit the arrayed objects. Since they are newly created they come to the front of the display order.

I did a search of the 137 Array Threads and only came up with one item.

Back in 2006 Chris.N made this comment:

One thing i have noticed is that if you 'move' the frame, but is followed by objects that are within an array action, those objects are 'newer' and will (seemingly) always be above the wipeout.

Has anyone found a way around this problem?

sandrews.253556
2011-07-01, 12:23 PM
Have you looked at the DRAWORDERCTL system variable? Check it out in the Autodesk help section and see if it does what you want.

SRBalliet
2011-07-06, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it with the different settings and it doesn't look like it changes anything.

h.jobe
2011-09-06, 11:23 PM
It may work to use a user defined hatch set to the correct angle and stretch it instead of arraying the intermediate lines. You may have to use two hatches (one that catches the point of the thread and one for the valley) but the good thing is that you're not creating any new linework and the display order shouldn't be an issue.