PDA

View Full Version : Family line type getting overriden by model

tracyt
2011-07-08, 04:18 PM
We have a model that is overriding the family line type.

In the family we have it as a dashed line, when we bring it in to the model it shows as a solid line with a dashed line under it. Does any one know why this is happening? We've tried overriding it in view, or object styles and no luck.

I have attached 3 images to show what I am talking about:
In a different model - is what the family should look like and does in other models
In the messed up model as displayed - is what the family looks like in the model
In the messed up model as selected - is what the family looks like selected in the model

I hope someone can help. Thanks!

renogreen
2011-07-08, 04:51 PM
Can you load the family? Someone might be able to take a look at it.

tracyt
2011-07-08, 05:21 PM
Can you load the family? Someone might be able to take a look at it.

I do not think this is an issue with the family, it loads great in all other models. It's as if something in object styles or line patterns in the model is overriding the line type.

The family it is saved down to 2010 if that matters. Thanks for your help!

wmullett
2011-07-08, 06:44 PM
The project rules! That means that object styles in the model or as over-ridden in VG in a view, always over-ride the family settings.

tracyt
2011-07-09, 12:30 AM
The project rules! That means that object styles in the model or as over-ridden in VG in a view, always over-ride the family settings.

Yes, but we change the object styles and vg and the family is showing has overridden. Something else is overriding it and we can't figure out what. We try and do just by element and still no dice. What can be causing this?

tracyt
2011-07-12, 06:17 PM
Figured it out. It's being overriden by the phases.